Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Church Callings

In our new ward in Powell, Wyoming I have 2 callings. The first calling Ryan and I do together. We teach the 16-17 year old Sunday school and absolutely love it. It's really fun to teach this age although it is hard to get them to interact at times but they are so fun. And we love bringing them treats. (Mainly for ourselves..) As my second calling I am the secretary in young womens. I love working with the girls as well, BUT there have been 2 times were I have been mistaken for a laurel. Yes, it is true. One of the women I serve with thought I was a young women and told me about it. And a father told me his 2 girls were wondering for 2 weeks who the new laurel was. I am a leader! I am young but I am a leader I promise. It's awkward knowing everyone is thinking the same thing... Is she a leader? or one of the girls? Oh it is so sad. But I love the calling just the same!

1 comment:

  1. how fun! i'm sure you guys do great with your callings! it would be so fun to be in YW. i would love that. i am working on my personal progress! i don't remember if you got yours, but if you didn't, you should work on it with your girls!! i love you and miss you. you are the best! i'm sure your girls just love you!

    ReplyDelete