Friday, March 18, 2011

Nasty Couch

Ryan and I got this couch from the Institute (They had to get rid of all couches and only have chairs so students don't do naughty activities...they said something about laying down and getting into trouble). So we are the proud owners of this nasty red couch that apparently has naughty potential. Anyway I absolutely hate this couch so I have been bugging Ryan about getting me new couches when we move. Since we aren't moving soon enough my creative juices have been flowing. I have been thinking to myself... "What do I do with this hideous couch?" Solution! Make a fabulous slipcover with some awesome fabric. Then I won't need new couches and I will save hundreds of dollars. I am a beginner sewer so this project seems really hard for me. I am trying to decided if I should tackle this project or just let Ryan buy me some new couches. I think it would be fun but I would need a lot of patience, something I don't have a lot of. I guess if it doesn't work I can still have my new couches in the end.


I love black and white and would love to do something like this. I love the stripes, I want it to be bold and to make a statement. I wish I had time to paint all my decor black and white with just a few accent colors so that my apartment can actually be cute. I have a vision of what I want everything to look like but it is so hard for me to make the vision come to life. It would also help if the apartment people would let me paint the walls... stupid apartment people. Oh well, hopefully one day it will happen. I sure do love this kind of thing.



Let me know what you think I should do.

No comments:

Post a Comment