Sunday, July 10, 2011

Delicious!

I love salmon and trying out new recipes. This time I tried one of Bobby Flay's recipes and it was the best decision ever, when it comes to choosing recipes, yet! It was so good I didn't have time to even think about taking a picture because I gobbled it up. This is the closest picture I found to resemble what I made. The glaze was so good that you will certainly drench the salmon with it like in this pic.

Salmon with Brown Sugar and Mustard Glaze



Ingredients
Salmon:
  • 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
  • Vegetable oil
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 8 salmon fillets, 6 ounces each


Directions

On the side burner, melt the brown sugar, honey and butter in a small saute pan over medium-high heat. Remove from the heat and whisk in the mustard, soy sauce, olive oil and ginger. Let cool.

Preheat grill to medium heat. Brush salmon with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place the salmon skin side down on the grill. Coat the flesh of the salmon fillets with the brown sugarmixture. Grill for 6 to 8 minutes to medium doneness, turning once after 5 to 6 minutes.


Bri's Tips: I used regular mustard instead dijon and it was still amazing. I also don't have a grill so I wrapped the salmon in tin foil, put it on a cookie sheet and baked the fish at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. It was awesome and the tin foil kept all the juice and moisture inside with the fish. Also heat up and save some sauce to spoon over the fish when ready to eat.





1 comment: