Thursday, April 4, 2013

Baby Murphy


INTRODUCING BABY MURPHY


I feel it is probably about time I posted about our tiny nugget! Here "he" is! For my own records I want to keep a little pregnancy blog so for the next couple months this blog will be all about me and baby! And maybe a tiny bit about Ryan..

It's kind of ironic that the last post I posted was me finally expressing my feelings about not being able to get pregnant. Turns out, I was pregnant when I wrote that post! Crazy how things work out. Ryan and I really feel blessed and can't wait to become parents and we are so grateful to be given the chance.  As for me, I am enjoying every minute of pregnancy including the not so fun parts.

13 WEEKS

As of today I am 13 weeks but will be 14 weeks on Saturday. Here are some highlights and low-lights about being pregnant so far.

  • This week has been the best so far because I don't feel sick anymore! The first couple  months I was really sick and it wasn't fun so I am so happy to finally be past that. (Hopefully I am not jinksing myself...) 
  • I am loving my "ladies" right now! That was the first sign that made me think I was pregnant because they got huge! And I am loving it.
  • I  have never ever had a problem with acne growing up, just the occasional zit here and there. But this morning I woke up with the ring of fire going from one ear, across my forehead and to the other ear! How did this even happen? Besides the fact that I have had to feel crappy for months, I'm getting fat and I'm uncomfortable, I also have to deal with looking like a sad little middle school girl in her awkward years. At least this ring of fire is close to my hairline so I can hide it easily. 
  • I am worried I am going to have a lop sided belly! Even early on when I lay down I can feel my tiny hard bump low on my belly and it has always been completely on the left side and squishy on the right. I guess this kid just likes to hang out over there. And as I have gotten bigger it is still the same, baby on the left side of my belly. Hopefully he will run out of room and move over so I don't look like a scary middle school awkward lop sided prego lady! 
  • I ordered some belly bands this week because my jeans are too tight. The first thing when I get to class and sit down is unbutton my jeans because it is so uncomfortable. So I can't wait to get these bands so I can wear unbuttoned pants all day.
  • Ryan and I refer to this baby as "he." I am hoping for a boy and I think Ryan is too so we just call baby a he. Sorry if your a girl baby.. we will still be happy either way! 
  • We are so excited to welcome our baby in October! Keep checking in for some more updates about me and this pregnancy! 



2 comments:

  1. yay!! so excited! thanks for posting the ultrasound pic!! so glad you are feeling better!! can't wait to see you next!s

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. We are so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete