Friday, June 7, 2013

I Know What I Like


The past couple days I have been on the search for crib bedding. Turns out I hate everything! I don't like the stupid bedding with the animals all over it or letters. They either look to "baby" or too overdone. I like simple. My favorite color happens to be grey so that says a lot all by itself. I want my baby's room to be simple and modern. But the idea of.... "there has to be a theme!" keeps crossing my mind. I got this cute plush fox from my work so I decided maybe a fox theme nursery would be cute. Here is what I'm thinking... 

This is the fox I got for baby boy. 


I found simple grey bedding. That I actually like for the most part. 
The crib I got is white but I'm thinking about painting it... Maybe red or a dark greyish color..



I want to keep it modern feeling by using pillows and blankets with fox silhouettes and not a lot of detail. I could even make my own! 

And my favorite part.. Vintage fox prints! I want to make a feature wall behind the crib with loads of fox prints and maybe baby's name in big letters. For the rest of the room I hope to find little fox pieces that will add to the overall theme. I like the idea of having a mix of old and new fox things. I don't want a mix of any other creatures just foxes. For colors I will stick with greys, reds, orange and woody colors. 



 I don't know. What do you think? Is a fox nursery a cute idea??? 
And would you paint the crib? 




1 comment:

  1. I love it!! I would keep the crib white, mines white and I've always liked it. I love the vintage prints :) like... I'm obsessed and might need you to print me some... I agree with you on the baby bedding, I didn't like anything, and I hate pink... Sofie never really had a bedding set, just her blankets. but I love the idea of old and new, love modern, love it all! I say run with the foxes!

    ReplyDelete