Friday, June 7, 2013

22 Weeks and Family Time

22 weeks down! This week had some highlights!

Ryan's sister Amber got to feel baby move.

I tried the whole playing music to your belly thing and my boy kicked so hard my phone flew into the air and off my belly. I'm assuming he didn't like the music! 

Ryan felt more baby movements. And said to me "What is that!?" That is our baby dear :) 

Two strangers have noticed and said something about me being prego. That means I look pregnant and not fat anymore! 

I seriously love being pregnant and looking pregnant. Baby moves all the time and its my favorite. Even when I see my belly move and its a little alien like... I still love it! 


Wisconsin Trip

50 hours riding in the car! I deserve an award! This past week Ryan and I drove to Wisconsin with Ryan's family to see his Grandma Murphy. Let me explain how I reached 50 hours! We first drove 6 hours to Cody where Ryan's mom and dad live. We were there two days to be at Alex's graduation and get ready for our very long drive. We left early Sunday and started the trek to Wisconsin. I rode with Ryan's sister Amber on the way down. We took her car because we left her there for the summer. I actually took the night shift for driving starting at 8pm until 5:30am the next morning! Let's just say nobody should ever have to do that especially when pregnant! Ryan was actually driving the other car so we talked on the phone to keep each other awake. After a little over 18 hours we finally reached our destination and I spent the rest of the day sleeping. We had fun in Wisconsin. I love Ryan's Grandmother and his 2 great aunts that take care of her. The weather was pretty crappy so we lazed about everyday which is my specialty. I got to do a little shopping and a lot of eating. Ryan's great aunts are so fun to be around. Auntie Colleen and Auntie Kathy are the best and I love them both as well as Ryan's cute Grandma. They make me feel like I have always been a part of the family. And I even got a family secret recipe. Auntie Colleen named our baby and kept calling him Michael. That was Ryan's Grandpa's name and it so happens to be my dad and grandpa's names as well. We are still thinking about names though and wont have his name completely picked out until he is born but Michael might actually work for a middle name. We will see :) anyway the trip was a good one and I enjoyed it. Then it was time to drive home. We ended up pulling a trailer with some of grandpa's things in it so that added time to our trip because we couldn't drive as fast. Ryan got the night shift again and I stayed up with him to keep him awake. We finally got back to Cody. Ryan and I spent about 3 hours resting then got back in our car and drove the 6 hours home. Lots of sitting in the car and driving! Not the best thing for prego me.. It was fun to spend a week with family and get to know Ryan's sweet grandma better. The long road trip was worth it in the end. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you had a good trip! and what a blessing it is to have such a loving family, I'm so happy you have that! I am a believer in using family names ;) little mikey is a cute one! Love you sister! can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!! and Ryan... :)

    ReplyDelete