Wednesday, June 12, 2013

HUGE

I just got home from the weirdest doctors appointment yet... First of all I signed a paper that stated that I HAVE to see all the doctors in the office before I see the same one again. How is it that I get the same doctor every time and it happens to be the one I dislike most!? At my appointment today the doc measured my belly at least three times. He then starts telling me how big I am. He said I was huge and big over and over. Thanks doc for the confidence boost. Apparently it can be a concern for a small person like me to measure bigger then what I'm supposed to so he gave me an ultrasound. He said something about the possibility of a cyst being on the uterus and that's why it would measure so big. Well he looked and looked and everything is normal. He says to me, "I guess we just have to accept the fact that your just big.." Really! Is it that big of a deal? I'm wondering if he even considered the fact that my due date has been swapped around every time I go in and that it is set two weeks later than it should be based on when I ovulated.. Maybe I am "huge" because I really am further along than they predicted.. Anyway I'm basically a huge prego lady.. The story doesn't end here it gets better. After confirming that I'm a giant the doc spent 5 minutes looking in between my sons legs. He asked me if I knew what it was and I told him a boy. He said, "Umm I'm not so sure..." He kept looking and said I think its a boy.. He then said (and I quote!), "No offensive but he is really small for a boy." Are you kidding me! So the doctor first tells me how big I am then he tells me my son has a tiny penis. Well thanks doc.. He is only 23 weeks give him a break for crying out loud. Needless to say I left my appointment feeling horrible because my belly is too big and my son might not be a son. Just what I needed to hear... 

On the bright side I got to see my baby because of the ultrasound. That made my day all in itself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment