Thursday, August 16, 2012

Coming Together

I am not done with this project yet but I am so excited I just had to post! 
Yesterday I went thrifting and found the perfect lamp for $3! I could not pass up a deal like that so I brought it home with me. Plus the guy threw in a free bulb.. Score! 


The first step was painting. My "go to" color lately is white so I chose a white spray paint plus primer and painted the base. I then went and bought a lampshade, taped it off, and painted black stripes. The black paint bled through the tape a little so I am working up a plan to get perfect finished edges. Not entirely sure how I am going to do that yet. Well here it is my new and improved lamp! Loving it! 


P.S. I went back to the thrift store today and found an identical lamp! So of course I needed two of the same lamp for balance and bought the second one for $3 again and with another free bulb! Double score! Both lamps are done and painted all I need to do now is fix the black lines. Yay my room is almost done! 



1 comment:

  1. love it! i'm so proud! the stripes don't bother me, i think they look fine. love the before and after!!

    ReplyDelete